The KAPA Research & Specifications Committee will hold its quarterly committee meeting on Tuesday, May 22, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. in the basement conference room located at 800 SW Jackson St., Topeka, KS.
Research & Specifications Committee - This committee works closely with KDOT and other industry related associations to address issues of mutual concern. Meets quarterly with KDOT representatives to discuss issues.
Chairman: Frank Rockers, Penny’s Sand Co., Shawnee Mission, KS (913) 441-8781
• Maintain an active dialog with KDOT and others concerning the design, specification and use of aggregates and other related highway materials.
• Maintain active dialog with KDOT and others concerning supply and availability of materials by rail or truck, which may affect the industry.
• Plan and produce committee presentations at the annual meeting.
• Plan and produce an aggregate base symposium when necessary.
• Other items concerning aggregate research or specification as they may appear.
• Maintain active dialog with KDOT on soundness & freeze thaw testing.
· Maintain active dialog with KDOT on D Cracking study.
· Partner with the Technical, Quality & Control committee on issues as they arise.
The KRMCA TQC committee will be meeting at 1:00 p.m. if you are interested in attending that meeting as well. Lunch is on your own.
TQC meeting notice.doc
If you have any questions or items which you would like placed on the agenda, please contact Wendy at (785) 235-1188.