Safety & Environment Committee - Acts as a liaison between governmental agencies and the membership and related industries on environmental and safety issues. Meets quarterly and jointly with KRMCA on the call of the chairman as required.
Chairman: Tim Lohse, Kansas Sand & Concrete, Topeka, KS (785) 235-6284
• Plan and produce committee presentation at the annual meeting.
• Serves as industry liaison with the Kansas Division of Water Resources on water issues.
• Assist in the Regulatory Guide updates.
• Oversee the Morgison Safety Award program.
• Oversee the Driver of the Year Award program.
• Coordinates Storm Water group application.
• Plan and producer safety meetings/seminars/summits when necessary.
• Responds to other environmental and safety issues as needed.
• Works with Mine Safety & Health Administration and other agencies as needed.
· Coordinates with the Sunflower Safety Council, Chapter of the JAHSA
If you have any questions or items which you would like placed on the agenda, please contact Wendy at (785) 235-1188.